Wednesday, February 23, 2011

There really is a Baby in there..

So, yesterday I went to my first OB appt that was actually scheduled with my Dr.  They of course started out by weighing me, checking BP, pulse, going over blood work, and doing an overally OB physical.  Then it was time for the Dr. to try to find the heartbeat.  Dr went and got DH from the waiting room and proceeded to find the HB.  After searching for what seemed like an eternity, he said “ well this happens to me once or twice per year, but I can’t find the heartbeat.  So I'm going to be sending you immediately for an ultrasound.  He said, “a lot of times they will find the heartbeat right away, but there is a chance you could have miscarried and the baby just hasn’t passed yet.”  He wanted to make sure i knew worst case scenario.
Nore:  I purchased my own at home Doppler after contemplating back and forth for weeks.  I received it last Friday night and have found the heartbeat on my own several times.   I did not however tell Dr. this.  So, I was still a little bit worried about him not being able to find it but reassured that I was able to locate it on my own.
So, I went for an ultrasound they did both the external and internal ultrasound and picked up a heartbeat of 162 immediately.  Amazing!!  It was so cool to see on the screen, but crazy to know that this little bean is really inside of me .  Here’s the pictures: 


Amazing!!  You can see 5 little fingers, spinal cord, the brain forming and even a little button nose. He/She couldn't be more perfect : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment